30 Sep Human Resources Generalist (Carmel, IN)
Primarily responsible for the development and administration of personnel programs that are consistent with Agency’s goals and management philosophy. Serve as a resource for all managers to assist them in carrying out their personnel management functions. To coordinate all personnel policies, hiring, termination, and evaluation processes.
- Keep current on changes in personnel law and insure Agency adheres to all Labor Laws.
- Conduct recruitment effort, selection, and placement of all personnel; conduct interviews, new-employee orientations, documentation, employee relations counseling, and employee exiting processes.
- Provide information, advice, and assistance to managers to insure staff is treated in a nondiscriminatory fashion at all times.
- Administration of all personnel policies and counsel personnel as needed.
- Coordinate employee performance review process.
- Responsible for job descriptions and develops, recommends, and implements personnel policies and procedures; prepares and maintains handbook on policies and procedures.
- Provide new employees with an explanation of benefits and instruct them on enrollment and fulfillment procedures
- Assist employee with enrolling in medical, dental and vision insurance plans
- Inform employees of changes to the benefits structure
- Resolve employee issues with insurance providers and other benefits administrators
- Consult with employees about eligibility and other issues
- Assist with new hire orientation when needed
- Participate in administrative staff meetings and attends other meetings, seminars, and workshops.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: Five (5) years of relevant experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Education requirement: College degree in business or human resources preferred.
- Must possess knowledge of human resources area of expertise. Requires individual to be impartial and non-judgmental in personnel related issues.
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint).
- Possession of strong organizational skills.
- Ability to work independently on assigned tasks as well as to accept direction on given assignments.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Human Resource designation is plus.
|Job Category||Full Time Positions|