06 May Ideas for Your Mom on Mother’s Day
Mother’s Day is around the corner. You may have some last-minute concerns like, “What am I going to do?” Take these ideas and combine them to make this day a special one. Perhaps the best gift of all is getting in touch and letting the moms in your life know just how much they mean to you.
• Clean her car inside and out.
• Give a gift card from a store she really likes.
• Digitize her non-digital photos.
• Load up her Kindle with e-books she’ll like.
• Arrange an activity or outing that’s right up her alley.
• Plan a family game night.
• Serve breakfast in bed.
• Sign up for a class together (cooking, pottery, etc.)
• List the reasons you love her.
We at Shepherd Insurance hope all the amazing moms out there have a wonderful Mother¹s Day! For all of your insurance needs, contact one of our offices nearest you.
A Mother’s Day Poem
Sonnets are full of love, and this my tome
Has many sonnets: so here now shall be
One sonnet more, a love sonnet, from me
To her whose heart is my heart’s quiet home,
To my first Love, my Mother, on whose knee
I learnt love-lore that is not troublesome;
Whose service is my special dignity,
And she my loadstar while I go and come
And so because you love me, and because
I love you, Mother, I have woven a wreath
Of rhymes wherewith to crown your honored name:
In you not fourscore years can dim the flame
Of love, whose blessed glow transcends the laws
Of time and change and mortal life and death.
–by Christina Rossetti (1839–94)