15 Mar Commercial Lines Department Manager (Louisville, KY)
Lead, manage and direct the day to day operations of the Logan Lavelle Hunt Commercial Lines Department. This includes but is not limited to: Identifying, managing and controlling of all resources (including personnel) and acting as the key business and service liaison between Logan Lavelle Hunt and our clients. Lead the development and ongoing enhancement of the service and quality standards of the department while continuing to identify additional opportunities for improvement and growth.
- Direct day to day supervision of all CL personnel.
- Responsible for ensuring concierge style approach for all customer interaction. Including delivering superior support and service and ultimate customer satisfaction to the end client.
- Develop, implement, and monitor the training and hiring of existing and future CL support staff.
- Help create and assure efficient and effective processes and procedures throughout all Logan Lavelle Hunt CL areas and customer interaction (prospecting, selling, servicing, renewing, claims mgt).
- Develop sales of new or additional lines of coverage or services on existing accounts.
- Assure implementation and observance of all Insurance related rules, regulations and standards.
- Develop, maintain, enhance and manage existing carrier and vendor relationships. Provide input related to carrier contracts.
- Ensure high levels of customer satisfaction and customer service by improving ongoing service delivery methods.
- Review subordinates’ performances and conduct their formal performance appraisals and complete documentation as established by the Human Resources Department.
- Foster good morale with the office through a positive attitude and promoting a team concept environment, in addition to individual excellence and achievement.
- Support full utilization of Agency Management Systems and identify upgrades/changes as needed.
- Stay informed regarding insurance technical knowledge, market trends, agency automation, company information, and other operating techniques.
- Perform other related duties as assigned.
- Experience: Five (5) years experience – management, sales, underwriting and/or marketing. Multi-line insurance agency or brokerage operation is preferred.
- Education requirement: College degree is preferred.
- Must be proficient in a variety of computer software applications in word processing, spreadsheets, database, and presentation software (MSWord, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint).
- Proficient in Applied insurance software is preferred.
- Must be licensed per state requirements.
- Must be able to understand and analyze commercial lines coverages, forms, procedures, and policy rating systems.
- Professional designation is a plus.
- Must have high level of interpersonal skills to handle sensitive and confidential situations. Position continually requires demonstrated poise, tact, and diplomacy.
- Must have strong verbal and written skills and be able to interact and communicate with individuals at all levels of the organization.
- Leadership and motivational skills are critical.
Benefits: Generous PTO/Holidays, Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Vision Insurance, Short Term Disability, Long Term Disability, 401K with a Friendly and Casual Work Environment.
|Job Category||Full Time Positions|