04 Dec Employee Benefits Service Advisor (New Albany, IN)
To provide assistance to producers in handling and processing of renewal employee benefits lines business in accordance with Agency procedures and guidelines; to provide customer service to clients as assigned and requested. Provide, with a positive attitude, a high level of support in obtaining, maintaining, expanding, and servicing employee benefits accounts.
- Provide positive, prompt, accurate, and courteous service to clients.
- Coordinate expirations with producer to obtain renewal and/or new business information. Maintain expiration control log.
- Assist in marketing renewal business, prepare proposals, presentation packets and maintain underwriting and marketing information by carrier. Accompany producer to client meetings when requested.
- Check new and renewal policies for accuracy in rating, typing, coverage, signatures, and input these transactions into Benefit Point. Ensure that these items are delivered and/or mailed to client or producer for delivery.
- Receive phone calls from clients and companies regarding insurance, claims, or administrative needs, and comply with the request and/or refer to the producer when necessary.
- Maintain a suspense system to follow up on outstanding orders, correspondence, reports, and follow up on overdue and suspense items.
- Be familiar with and follow agency E&O guidelines and service employee benefits lines accounts in a manner to eliminate gaps in coverage, thus reducing our E&O exposures.
- Maintain electronic files in an orderly, up-to-date manner.
- Perform special projects at management’s request.
- Direct implementation, enrollment and communication processes
- Participate in seminars and classes for skill and knowledge development.
- Maintain all client activity in Benefit Point
- Prioritize work load and/or request for assistance as required.
- Meet with clients to discuss and handle their insurance needs.
- Keep producers fully informed of all important activities on their accounts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Experience: At least two (2) years’ experience in similar position is desirable.
- Education requirement: College degree preferred. High school diploma or equivalent (GED) is required.
- Must be licensed per state requirements.
- Must be able to understand and analyze employee benefits lines insurance coverage’s, forms, procedures.
- Should have thorough understanding of employee benefits lines underwriting and coverages.
- Must desire to acquire advanced insurance designations
|Job Category||Full Time Positions|