Manage Personal Auto Insurance Costs
When considering personal auto insurance, we put a lot of effort into finding the right policy at the right price. However, our efforts should continue beyond just purchasing personal auto insurance. Periodically, you should review your policy with your adjuster to ensure it is affordable and accurate in an ever-changing world.
As prices for gas, consumer products, and services rise, often, insurance costs follow the same trend. As a result, insurance premiums for car insurance can vary based on multiple factors.
Here are eight practical tips to reduce the bottom line of your personal auto insurance.
- Remove physical damage coverage for older vehicles. As time progresses, vehicles lose value, so full coverage may not be worthwhile.
- Take the highest deductibles you think you can afford. Two-way benefits: immediate credit for a higher deductible and less likely increase due to claim frequency.
- Check insurance costs before buying new vehicles. Insurance costs for sports and high-performance cars can be dramatically higher, especially if drivers need more experience or reflect a spotty driving record.
- Bundle your insurance policies. You may be eligible for a discount for having multiple policies with the same insurance company.
- Practice safe driving. Drive safely, stay off your phone, and avoid accidents and poor driving convictions. Driving record is sure to have a significant impact.
- Take advantage of credits. Credits abound and vary by company in terms of availability and amount. The two common credits mentioned earlier are higher deductibles and multiple policies. Some others include safe driving, good student, safety devices (anti-lock brakes, airbags), anti-theft devices, and daytime running lights.
- Low mileage discounts. Some companies will offer discounts for vehicles that are not daily drivers.
- Shop around. Your needs change, and sometimes it is time to switch insurance companies. That’s why Shepherd is here.
We do our best to keep up with your insurance needs, but if you ever feel it is time for a change, let us know. As an independent agent, we represent many insurance companies and will save you the hassle of reviewing options for you. In addition, we understand insurance and can ask the right questions to provide the best coverage and savings to meet your needs.
For any personal auto insurance questions, contact Shepherd Insurance today.