20 Feb National Love Your Pet Day – Protect Your Furry Friend with Pet Insurance
It’s national love your pet day, so it only feels right that we discuss pet insurance and the importance of keeping your pet healthy. According to the 2019-2020 National Pet Owner Survey, sixty-seven percent of U.S. households, or about 85 million families, own a pet. In any given year, one in three of these beloved family members will need costly veterinary care, even if it is for routine exam visits and vaccinations. Should a pet become severely ill and need emergency care, costs can sometimes be more than pet owners can bear.
What is Pet Insurance?
Most pet owners consider their animals to be members of their family; therefore, their pet’s quality of life and health is extremely important. By purchasing pet insurance, pet owners are not burdened with veterinary bills and can focus on making sure their pets stay healthy.
Here are the details of a typical pet insurance policy:
- Policies allow the pet owner to select a coverage percentage or monthly premium that will work best for them.
- Pets must have an annual exam and owners must provide any recommended veterinarian treatments to remain covered.
- Coverage is not extended to existing conditions and injuries.
- Policy covers expenses relating to the following:
- Routine preventative care, including vaccinations
- Lab work
- Accidents, injuries and illness
- Surgeries, including spay/neuter
- Dental Work
Common Costs of Treatments
Medical costs for your pets can add up quickly. Here are some of the most common veterinary treatments and typical average costs:
- Benign skin mass: $1000
- Torn ACL or cartilage: $2600
- Tooth extraction: $900
We’re Here to Help
Don’t take the chance of not being able to afford medical care for your furry family members. Call us today at 317.846.5554 to learn more about all of our insurance solutions.